Among the top security cameras of all time, there’s the Arlo camera. This camera is known for the innovative features it offers to users. You just need to install the camera and connect it to the WiFi, and you’re all set. However, if the Arlo camera not connecting to the WiFi, the camera will not work. Therefore, it’s significant to connect the Arlo camera to a reliable and closest WiFi connection. You must also fix it if you are unable to connect the camera to the WiFi.
If you are facing the Arlo camera won’t connect to the WiFi, don’t worry. That’s why we have made this post to help the users overcome this issue. This blog will consist of the reasons behind the camera being unable to connect to the WiFi. Moreover, we’ll also discuss the troubleshooting methods to fix this matter.
Reasons for the Arlo Camera Not Connecting to the WiFi
It’s imperative to figure out the reason behind the issue in order to fix it effectively. Several reasons could be responsible for this. Some are as follows:
- Router is too from the camera
- Insufficient power supply
- Incorrect WiFi password
- Internal issues with the router.
- Technical issues with the camera
These are some causes responsible for the Arlo camera not connecting to the internet. Hereon, we’ll discuss the methods you can use to fix the Arlo camera won’t connect to the WiFi.
Methods to Fix the Arlo Camera Won’t Connect to the WiFi
In this section, we’ll explain the methods you can use to fix the Arlo camera not connecting to the internet. You can try the following troubleshooting ways to fix the issue:
Check the Power Supply
- The camera requires a stable power source to work effectively, so it’s essential to plug the camera into an electrical outlet.
- Therefore, if the camera is disconnected or not connected to the internet, it could be due to the lack of sufficient power.
- Check the current power source of the camera and if it’s not working properly, you must plug the camera into another outlet.
- After providing a stable power source, you can try reconnecting the camera to the WiFi. Also, ensure your router has a stable power source as well.
Move the Router Closer to the Camera
- Another common reason for the Arlo camera not connecting to the WiFi is that the camera is too far from the router.
- If the camera is out of the router’s coverage area, the connection will break and the camera will stop working effectively.
- Therefore, while installing the camera, ensure to place the camera inside the router’s range.
- If you cannot move the camera closer to the router, consider moving your router closer to the camera.
- After this, you can reconnect the camera to the WiFi through the WiFi.
Power Cycle the Camera
- You can try power cycling the camera to eliminate any minor issues with it.
- All you need to do is, unplug and power OFF the camera.
- After a few seconds, you can power it back ON.
- Now the issue with the camera should be gone.
- While you’re at it, power cycle the router as well.
Use the Correct Password
- While connecting the camera to the WiFi, ensure to connect the camera to the WiFi using the correct WiFi password.
- You cannot connect the camera to the WiFi using the incorrect WiFi password. Therefore, enter the right password only.
- If you have recently changed the WiFi password, you must reconnect the camera using the latest password.
- Just ensure to enter the right letter and signs to form a connection successfully. This will fix the Arlo camera won’t connect to the internet issue.
These are some methods you can use to fix the Arlo camera not connecting to the internet. Now, the camera should be connected to the router. If there are any other difficulties you are having with your camera, you can get in touch with our team right now.
Why won’t my Arlo camera connect to the internet?
The Arlo camera can have difficulty connecting to the internet when it’s too far from the router. Therefore, you must install the camera closer to the router or connect it to the closest network. Otherwise, it won’t connect to the WiFi.
Can I use my Arlo camera without an internet connection?
No, your camera requires a stable as well as a constant WiFi connection to work properly. Without an internet connection or a power source, the camera will not function at all. That’s why, it’s imperative to connect the camera to the WiFi.
How do I reset my Arlo camera?
To reset the camera, you can follow the steps below:
- Initially, on the camera press and hold the ‘Sync’ button.
- After 15 seconds, you can release the button.
- Now, the default settings of the camera are back.
- Hereon, you can reconfigure the camera.
These are the steps to reset the Arlo camera. The reset eliminates all issues with the camera and makes it as good as new. Now, any issue you were facing should be gone.
How do I get my Arlo camera back online?
To get your Arlo camera back online, you can reboot it. All you need to do is power OFF it for some time. After 1 minute, you can power it back ON. this should eliminate all issues with the camera.