The Arlo camera is a renowned camera with several remarkable features. You just need to set up the camera and then you can make the most of it. Moreover, this camera doesn’t require much maintenance except for the occasional firmware update. That’s why it’s essential to know the procedure for the Arlo firmware update. Updating the firmware of the camera enhances the performance of the Arlo camera. Not limited to this, it also eliminates the glitches and bugs with the Arlo camera.
Therefore, you must know how to update Arlo firmware. If you want to find out the complete procedure for the update, we’ve got you. This blog will consist of the process for the Arlo camera firmware update. We’ll also discuss if you are unable to proceed with the update. Moreover, we’ll walk you through the troubleshooting method.
Steps for the Arlo Firmware Update
To proceed with the Arlo camera firmware upgrade, you must log into the Arlo app. You can log into the Arlo app using your Arlo account. The steps for the Arlo camera firmware update are as follows:
- To begin with, install the Arlo app on your smartphone.
- Now, log into your account, if you have one.
- Otherwise, you can create one from the app as well.
- After logging in, go to the settings of the app.
- From the settings, go to the Devices section.
- Hereon, select the Device you want to update the firmware of.
- Now, go to the Device info and select the Firmware option
- After that, click the Update option and the firmware update will begin.
- Do not interrupt the firmware update of the camera in any way.
Now that you know how to update Arlo camera, you can proceed with it. If you were facing any issues with it, they should be gone.
How to Fix Arlo Camera Firmware Update Issues?
If you are having trouble updating the firmware of the Arlo camera, you must fix it. You can try resetting the camera or removing the device from the app. The steps for both methods are as follows:
Arlo Camera Reset Manually
- Initially, find the reset button on the back of the camera.
- Now, press the Sync button and hold it.
- After 15 seconds, you can release the button
- The LED should be blinking amber light.
- The reset has started.
- Wait till the camera completes the reset.
Arlo Camera Reset Via the App
- Firstly, open the app and log in.
- Now, go to the settings and select the device you want to remove.
- Hereon, scroll down the page and select the Remove Device option.
- At last, all the settings and configurations made by you are gone.
These are the steps to fix the Arlo firmware update issue. Now you can add the camera to the app and set it up accurately. Ensure to configure the settings properly and you can try again with the Arlo camera firmware update. If there’s anything else you require help with, you can reach out to our team right now.
What happens if I don’t update my Arlo firmware?
An outdated firmware of the camera will cause several issues with the camera. The camera will stop working effectively and the overall performance will deteriorate. That’s why it’s crucial to update the firmware of the camera frequently. Updating the firmware will improve its functioning and may even bring new features.
How long does the Arlo firmware update take?
The Arlo firmware update doesn’t take much time. It usually completes within 24 hours. Just ensure the camera has a proper power supply and WiFi connection. Without either, the camera will have trouble upgrading the firmware of the camera. If your camera is taking too long, you can try power cycling the camera. The power cycle will fix all minor issues with the camera. Check the WiFi connection of the camera and ensure it has a proper internet connection.
Can I update my Arlo firmware using my mobile phone?
Yes, you can update the firmware of your camera from your mobile phone as well. All you need to do is install the Arlo app on your smartphone. Through the app, you can log into your account and upgrade the firmware from the settings.