To perform the Geeni camera set up, you need to configure the settings of your new camera, connect it to a WiFi network, and mount it onto a wall. The whole process seems easy, but most users need help configuring their new home security camera. Most Geeni camera users prefer calling a professional technician or a camera expert to get their new home security camera installed at their premises. However, the reality is different. It is really very easy to go about the Geeni camera setup and installation on your own. A professional technician or a camera expert will surely con you for a few hundred dollars.
We receive multiple queries on a daily basis and that’s why we decided to create a Geeni camera set up guide for all the users. You will learn everything related to your new home security camera and save a few hundred dollars very easily. Let’s start with the guide right away.
Why do you need to perform the Geeni camera setup?
When you buy a new home security camera, it is inactive, not registered on the app, and not configured with your network. In simple words, your camera is just a piece of hardware that requires to be configured before using.
So when you go about the Geeni camera set up, you register the camera on the Geeni application, connect it to the network, configure its settings, and then mount it onto a wall. If you don’t do all this, you won’t be able to use your camera.
How to prepare for the Geeni camera setup?
In order to perform the Geeni camera set up, you need to have a few things on your side. There are certain things that you need to remember or have by your side before proceeding with the configuration. Find those requirements below:
- A new Geeni camera
- A battery
- A power cable for your camera
- An active WiFi network
- Suitable location for your camera
- WiFi password to connect the camera to the network
- Separate network frequencies (If you have a dual-band router)
Geeni camera set up and installation
Once you meet all the requirements, you can proceed with the Geeni camera setup and installation. We have explained the whole procedure in a step-by-step manner for your better understanding. Kindly follow the steps below:
- Download the Geeni app
- First of all, download and install the Geeni app on your mobile.
- You can either use the Play Store or App Store to download the application.
- The Geeni mobile app is available for free on both platforms.
- Registration and login
- This is the most important part of the Geeni camera set up.
- Open the app and the registration page will show up.
- Enter your mobile number or email to proceed.
- Click Continue. After that, enter the verification code.
- Once the registration completes, enter the Geeni camera login details to login to the app.
- Power On the camera
- Plug the camera into a power outlet using the power cable.
- The camera will remain solid red when booting up.
- After that, it will blink red.
- Add the camera to the app
You can choose either the easy setup method or the QR-code setup method. We have discussed both methods below:
- Go back to the Geeni app to proceed further with the Geeni camera setup.
- Tap + in the top-right corner of the app screen.
- After that, select the WiFi camera.
- Click Next.
- Tap the QR-CODE in the top-right corner.
- The QR code will appear on your app.
- Now, you need to let your camera scan the QR code.
- The app will recognize your camera successfully.
- Connect to the network
- Now, you need to connect your Geeni camera to the WiFi network.
- After that, your home network from the list.
- Make sure you select the 2.4GHz network.
- Enter the WiFi password and tap Confirm.
- The Geeni app will attempt to connect to the WiFi network.
- The percentage clock will come up on the screen which indicates the process.
- Mounting camera
- Now that you have configured your camera, you can install it anywhere you want.
- Be sure that you install the camera at a certain height.
- Find a suitable location to mount your camera.
- Thereafter, make sure you mount your camera at a minimum of 6 feet distance from the ground.
- Kindly ensure that the camera’s field of view is not obstructed.
This is the last step of the Geeni camera setup. Open the Geeni camera and access the live video feed of your camera to ensure that everything is working fine.
Finally, the Geeni camera set up and installation will be completed successfully. Your camera will start working and you will be able to keep an eye on everything happening around your home.
This page was all about the Geeni camera setup and installation. We hope that this page was helpful to you and that it helped you with the initial configuration of your camera without any hassle. Setting up a new Geeni camera is very easy and quick. It will take you only a few minutes to set up your camera and mount it onto a wall.
If you find any issues during the setup or you have any queries, make sure you get in touch with our Camera support team for more help.