Geeni is aware that learning how to use smart home technology might be difficult. Geeni uses highly rated, user-friendly software and 24/7 support to handle this problem in an easy way. It’s simple to understand why so many people adore Geeni given the convenience provided by the Geeni app and appliances.For Geeni camera to work, a Wi-Fi connection is necessary. So it is important that you learn how to connect Geeni camera to the WiFi network. Without a consistent and reliable internet connection, the Geeni app frequently fails to perform as needed. However, how do you get Geeni online?
This post will examine the many approaches you can use to learn how to reconnect Geeni camera to WiFi. Make sure you read this post till the end to learn everything related to your Geeni home security camera.
How do I connect my Geeni camera to WiFi
In this section, you will learn how to connect my Geeni camera to a WiFi network using some simple and quick steps. Here are the steps that will help you learn about the WiFi connection process:
- Check to see if you remember your WiFi password.
- Verify that your mobile device is running on the latest iOS or Android system.
- Ensure that you will be using a 2.4GHz Wi-Fi network to connect your Geeni device (Geeni devices are incompatible with 5 GHz Wi-Fi networks).
- Get the Geeni app from the App Store or Google Play Store.
- In the Geenie app, create a Geenie account. Follow the steps below to create an account.
- Enter your phone number after your email address.
- Your phone or email will get a verification code.
- When prompted by the account, enter the verification number and your selected password.
- Finally, login to Geeni account to learn how to connect Geeni camera to WiFi.
- Scan the QR code of your camera and you will initiate the Geeni camera WiFi setup process.
- Make sure you follow the in-app prompts to connect your camera to the WiFi network.
- Finally, save the settings and your camera will attempt to connect to the network.
How to connect Geeni camera to new WiFi?
It is important to learn how to connect your home security camera to a new WiFi. Most users who shift to a new place or install a new WiFi network at their premises are not aware of how to connect Geeni camera to new WiFi. In that case, their cameras become unfunctional.
Kindly follow these steps to learn how to establish a new WiFi connection on your Geeni camera.
- Firstly, open the Geeni app on your device.
- Make sure the Geeni mobile app is updated to the most recent version.
- Once you open the Geeni app, go to Settings.
- After that, select Change WiFi network.
- Now, the Geeni app will search for all active networks around you.
- Select your home WiFi network and enter the WiFi password.
- Once the camera is connected, the process will complete.
- Finally, you have learned how to connect Geeni camera to new WiFi network.
Can’t connect Geeni camera to WiFi. Fix it here!
If you were unable to learn how to connect Geeni camera to WiFi, make sure you follow the troubleshooting tips given below:
- Make sure the wifi router is turned on first.
- Make that the two bands on your dual-band wireless router are isolated.
- Your network should communicate in the 2.4GHz and 5GHz bands independently.
- Please refrain from attempting to link your camera to a 5GHz radio.
- Only 2.4GHz networks are compatible with the Geeni camera.
- Next, reduce the distance by moving your camera a bit closer to the router.
- You shouldn’t put the camera too far from the router.
- Try to network-connect your camera. Go to the following step if you find that your Geenie camera is having trouble connecting to WiFi.
- You might want to restore the factory default settings on your camera.
- Press and hold the reset button to reset your camera.
- Finally, reconfigure the Geeni camera using the Geeni app.
This post was all about how to connect Geeni camera to WiFi network. We discussed how to connect your Geeni camera to your WiFi network and how to connect Geeni camera to your new WiFi. We hope this post was helpful to you and that it helped you learn how to connect your Geeni camera to a wireless network.
If you still encounter any issues or have any doubts about your camera, kindly feel free to talk to our support team for more help.