The Zmodo camera is one of the best Zmodo cameras known for its cost-efficient cameras. This camera offers HD video quality with several other features. What users like about this camera is that it provides impeccable features for a low-priced camera. All you need to do is connect the camera to the WiFi and you’re good to go. That’s why you must know how to connect the camera to the WiFi and how to connect Zmodo camera to new WiFi. If the camera has difficulty connecting to one WiFi, you must connect it to another.
If you want to know how to reconnect Zmodo camera to new WiFi, we’ve got you. We have made this post to help you figure out how to connect Zmodo cameras to WiFi. In this blog, you can find the complete procedure to connect the camera to the WiFi. Further, we’ll discuss the methods you can use to fix the issues with the issues.
Steps to Reconnect Zmodo Camera to New WiFi
The answer to how to reconnect Zmodo camera to WiFi is nothing in particular. The procedure for reconnecting the camera to another WiFi differs from model to model. For some models, you need to reset the camera. Whereas, for other models, you can just change the WiFi network from the settings. The methods for this are as follows:
Method 1: How to Connect Zmodo Camera to New WiFi?
- Initially, locate the reset button on the Zmodo camera.
- You can find it on the camera’s side panel.
- Now, press the reset button and hold it.
- After 10-15 seconds, you can release the button.
- The LED light on the camera should turn red.
- The LED light turns green and blue indicates the reset is complete.
- Finally, you can set up the Zmodo camera.
Method 2: How to Reconnect Zmodo Camera to WiFi?
- To begin with, go to the Zmodo app from your mobile.
- Now, select the device you want to change the settings of from the home page.
- Hereon, from the device’s settings, go to the Wireless Settings.
- From here, select the WiFi you want to connect the camera to, from the list.
- After that, enter the correct WiFi password to form a connection successfully.
- Give the camera some time to form a connection with the WiFi.
- At last, the camera should be working well now.
We hope you learned how to connect Zmodo camera to WiFi. Now the camera should be working correctly. If you are having trouble connecting the camera to the WiFi, keep reading ahead.
Troubleshooting Zmodo Camera Not Connecting to WiFi
You could also face an issue while connecting the camera to the WiFi. To form a connection between the camera and the WiFi, you must fix the problem. The troubleshooting methods are as follows:
Inspect the Power Source
- The camera requires a proper power supply to function effectively.
- Without a power source, the Zmodo camera will not work at all.
- Thus, you must plug the camera into a proper electrical outlet.
- Check the current power source of the camera and see if it’s working.
- Otherwise, you must plug the camera into another power supply.
Fix your Router
- For the camera to connect to the WiFi, the router should be working fine.
- There could be an issue with your router causing the issue.
- You can try rebooting, updating the firmware, or resetting the router to fix it.
- Afterward, you can try again with connecting the camera to the WiFi.
- You must also know how to reconnect Zmodo camera to WiFi.
Move the Device Closer
- A common reason why the camera could have trouble connecting to the WiFi is the distance.
- When the camera is too far from the router, it has trouble forming a connection with the router.
- So, you must ensure to install the camera inside the router’s range only to form a connection successfully.
- If you can’t move the camera closer to the router, you must move the router closer to the camera.
- After that, you know how to connect Zmodo to new WiFi, and you can proceed with it correctly.
Use the Correct WiFi Password
- You must also use the correct WiFi password to form a connection with the router.
- Using the incorrect password, you cannot form a connection with the camera.
- Another possibility could be, you have recently changed the WiFi password.
- In this case, you must connect the camera to the WiFi using the latest password.
- After this, you can try again with connecting the camera to the WiFi.
If these methods don’t work you can reset the camera to fix any internal issue. The reset will fix all issues with the camera. The setup issue with the camera should be gone and the camera should be working fine. We hope you understand how to connect Zmodo camera to new WiFi. if there’s any other issue you are having with your camera, you can contact our team right now.
What should I do if my Zmodo camera won’t connect to my new WiFi network?
If your Zmodo camera is having trouble connecting to the WiFi, you can try rebooting it. All you need to do is power off and unplug the camera from the outlet. After some time, you can power the camera back on and the issue should be gone. If this doesn’t work, you can try resetting it.
How do I change the WiFi network my Zmodo camera is connected to?
To change the WiFi network on your Zmodo camera, you can either reset the camera or change it from the settings. The method will vary depending on the camera’s model. After the reset, you can set up the camera with the new WiFi. Otherwise, you can try changing the network from the camera’s settings.
What should I do if I forget my WiFi password?
If you forget the password of your router’s WiFi, you must reset the router. The reset will restore the factory default settings of the router. After that, the WiFi password will go back to the default one. Then, you can change the WiFi password accordingly.