The Merkury camera is a security camera manufactured by Geeni. This camera offers many features that enhance the router’s functionality. With this camera, you can ensure proper security and protection of your home and family. You just need to set up the Merkury camera, and then you can make the most of it. For the Merkury camera setup, you just need to know the complete procedure. After setting up the camera accurately, you can ensure the proper functioning of the Merkury camera.
If you want to know the thorough process for the Merkury camera set up, we’ve got you. We have brought you this post to help users understand the Merkury smart WiFi camera setup process. This blog will guide you through the complete instructions, along with some issues you could face. Then, we will cover the methods you can use to fix the issues.
Requirements for the Merkury Camera App Setup
To set up the Merkury camera, there are some things you must have. With all the necessary things, you can set up the camera correctly. You require the following things for the setup:
- The Geeni app
- A Merkury account
- The correct WiFi password
- An active Internet connection
- Your smartphone
These are some requirements you must have to set up the Merkury camera correctly. Further, we will explain how to set up Merkury camera.
How to Set Up Merkury Camera?
To set up the Merkury camera, you just need to log into the user interface and connect the camera to the WiFi. You must connect the camera to the WiFi, as it can’t work without it. Thus, you must know how to connect Merkury camera to the WiFi. Through the user interface, you can connect the camera to the WiFi correctly. The steps for the Merkury camera setup are as follows:
- To begin with, download the Geeni app on your smartphone.
- The Geeni app is available on both Play Store and App Store.
- Now, open the Geeni app and create your account to log in.
- If you already have an account, you can log into it by entering the login details.
- Ensure to plug the camera into a stable electrical outlet to power it on.
- Hereon, there are two ways you can use to add the camera to the app.
- You can either add it manually or by scanning the QR code on the camera.
- Once the camera is added to the app, you need to connect the camera to the WiFi.
- After that, select your WiFi network and enter the correct password.
- Give the camera some time to form a connection with the WiFi successfully.
- At last, customize the camera’s settings accordingly, and start using the camera.
These are the steps for the Merkury camera set up. Now, you can configure the settings properly and make the most of the camera. However, if you are having trouble connecting the camera to the WiFi or setting it up properly, keep reading ahead.
How to Fix the Merkury Smart WiFi Camera Setup Issues?
If you are having trouble connecting the camera to the WiFi and setting it up, you must fix it. There are various reasons why you could face issues with the Merkury camera setup app. You must fix the Merkury smart WiFi camera set up problems. To fix the issues, you can try the following methods:
Inspect the Power Source
- The camera requires a stable power source to function effectively.
- Without a reliable power source, the camera will not work at all.
- Thus, ensure to plug the camera into a stable power source for proper functioning.
- Check the current power source of the camera and ensure it’s working.
- Otherwise, you must plug the camera into another electrical outlet.
- Now, you can try again with the Merkury camera setup.
Use the Correct Login Credentials
- If you are having trouble logging into the user interface, check the login credentials.
- You can’t log into the user interface using the incorrect login details of the camera.
- If you have forgotten the login details, you must reset them to log into the interface.
- To reset the login credentials, you just need to open the app and click Forgot Password.
- Now, you can log in using the new login credentials of the camera.
- Hereon, proceed with the Merkury camera app setup correctly.
Fix the Router Issues
- If you are having trouble connecting the camera to the WiFi, check the router.
- There could be issues within the router as well, causing the connectivity issues.
- If the router isn’t working, the camera will have trouble connecting to the WiFi.
- You can power cycle, update the firmware, or reset the router to fix it.
- Now, you can try again with connecting the camera to the WiFi.
Move the Camera Closer
- The distance between the route and the camera also causes issues with the connection.
- If the router is too far from the camera, it will have trouble connecting to the WiFi.
- Thus, you must install the Merkury camera inside the router’s range to connect properly.
- You can move the camera closer to the router and then try reconnecting them.
- Otherwise, you can also move the router near the camera for a seamless connection.
Use the Correct WiFi Password
- When you use the incorrect WiFi password, you will have trouble connecting.
- Therefore, you need to use the correct WiFi password to form a connection.
- Another possibility could be you have recently changed the WiFi password.
- In this case, you need to reconnect the camera to the WiFi using the new password.
- Now, you can try again with Merkury camera setup app.
These are some methods you can use to fix the Merkury camera setup issues. We hope you understand how to set up Merkury camera and how to connect Merkury camera to the WiFi. in this blog, we have also covered methods you can use to fix setup issues. If there’s anything else you require help with, you can reach out to our team right now.
Why is my Merkury camera not working?
If your Merkury camera isn’t functioning properly, you must fix it. You can begin by checking if the camera doesn’t have a stable power and WiFi source. Without either, the camera will not function at all. Thus, ensure to plug the camera into a reliable power source and connect to the WiFi. You can try rebooting or resetting your camera to fix any glitches.
How to reset the Merkury camera?
To reset the Merkury camera, locate the reset button on the camera. Now, press the reset button and hold it. After 3-4 seconds, you can release the reset button. The reset is complete, and all the factory default settings are back. Now, you can set up the camera from scratch, and the issues you were facing should be gone. The reset eliminates all glitches and bugs within the camera.
Why is my Merkury Wi-Fi camera blinking blue?
The Merkury camera blinking blue light indicates the camera has lost the WiFi connection and is trying to reconnect. You must reconnect the camera to the WiFi to get the camera back on track. To fix the issue, check if the camera is installed in the router’s range. If they are too far, the camera will have trouble connecting. Thus, you must move the camera closer to the router.