The Wyze camera is an affordable home security camera that several homeowners prefer. If you want to add another layer of security to your home, the Wyze camera is perfect. You just need to connect your Wyze camera to the WiFi to maximize its functionality. The Wyze camera requires a stable as well as a constant WiFi connection to work effectively. Therefore, if the Wyze camera not connected to the WiFi, you must fix it. There are several features the camera offers that you can only use through a stable WiFi connection.
If you are facing the Wyze camera not connect to the WiFi issue as well, don’t worry. Today, we’ll talk about this issue, the reason behind the Wyze cam not working issue. Further, we’ll also discuss the methods you can use to troubleshoot this problem.
Reasons for the Wyze Camera Not Connecting
There could be several reasons for the Wyze camera connection failed issue. Some are as follows:
- The camera is out of the router’s range
- Incorrect WiFi password
- An internal issue with the router
- An internal issue with the camera
- Insufficient power supply
These are some common reasons for the Wyze camera not connected to the internet issue. Now, we’ll discuss the ways to troubleshoot this problem.
Troubleshooting the Wyze Camera Connection Failed Issue
Now that we know the possible reasons for the Wyze camera not connecting to the WiFi issue, we can troubleshoot them properly. You can try the following methods to fix the Wyze cam not working:
Check the Power Source
- The router and the camera both require a stable WiFi connection 24/7 to work effectively.
- Therefore, you must plug them into a working power socket to work constantly.
- If the current socket isn’t working correctly, you can try plugging them into different power sockets.
- Check for any power outages in your area. If there is, you will have to wait till it’s back.
- Now, the Wyze camera won’t connect to the internet issue should be gone.
Move the Router Closer
- While installing the Wyze camera, you must ensure you are installing it close to the router.
- If you install the camera too far from the router, the Wyze camera won’t connect to the WiFi.
- Therefore, you must install it inside the router’s range or move it closer to the router, if possible.
- However, if you cannot move the camera closer to the router, you can move the router closer to the camera.
- This should fix the Wyze camera connection failed issue.
Enter the Correct WiFi Password
- When you are setting up your Wyze camera, you must enter the correct password to form a connection successfully.
- If you are facing the Wyze camera connection failed issue, then this is the primary reason for this error.
- Another possibility could be, you have recently changed the password of your router.
- In this case, you must reconnect the camera to the WiFi network using the latest password.
- After this, the Wyze cam not working issue should be fixed, and the camera should be working fine now.
Power Cycle the Devices
- If the above method didn’t work, you can try power cycling the devices to troubleshoot the internal issues.
- Firstly, unplug and power OFF the devices for some time.
- After a few minutes, you can turn them back ON.
- Now, the Wyze camera not connected to the WiFi issue should be gone.
These are some troubleshooting methods you can use to fix the Wyze camera not connecting to the WiFi issue. You can also try with the Wyze camera reset to fix the issues within the camera. If there are any other difficulties you are having with your Wyze camera, you can get in touch with our team now for an effective solution.