The YI camera is another popular camera with a top-quality video resolution. This camera offers a bunch of remarkable features to provide better home security. For the camera to work to the best of its ability, you must proceed with the YI camera setup. By setting up the camera, the camera will function effectively. Without a proper setup, you will face several issues with your YI camera and it will not work at all. Thus, you must know the proper procedure for the YI camera setup.
If you want to explore the YI camera set up process, we’ve got you. We have made this post to help users set up the camera correctly. You can find the complete information in this blog. We will also cover the problems users experience during the setup. Then, we’ll walk you through the methods you can use to fix the setup problems.
Requirements for the YI Camera Setup
To set up the camera, you require some important things. With the help of these things, you can set up the camera correctly. These are as follows:
- The Yi app
- Your Yi account
- An active Internet connection
- Your PC or smartphone
These are some things you must have for the Yi camera set up. Now you can proceed with the setup properly.
Steps for the YI Camera Setup
You can set up the camera accurately with the help of the Yi app. From the app, you can configure the settings and watch the live stream whenever you want. To set up the camera, you can follow the below-mentioned directions:
- To begin with, install the Yi app on your smartphone.
- Now, from the app, create your account or log into your existing one.
- Ensure your phone has a connection with the 2.4GHz band and power on the camera.
- Hereon, click the (+) icon on the app and add the camera to the app.
- You must add the correct model of the camera to the app.
- The OR code method is also helpful in adding the YI camera to the app.
- Wait till you hear the voice prompt Waiting to Connect and click this option in the app.
- After that, you need to connect the camera to the WiFi by selecting the WiFi SSID.
- You need to enter the WiFi password to connect the camera to the WiFi successfully.
- Eventually, you must modify the settings of the camera accordingly.
That’s the thorough procedure for the Yi camera setup. Now, you can start using your Yi camera correctly. From the app, you can access the variety of features it offers.
Troubleshooting the Yi Camera Set Up Issues
You can have trouble setting up the camera correctly as well, which you must fix. Otherwise, the camera will have trouble functioning correctly. Several factors can cause such issues to arise. To fix the problems, you must try the following troubleshooting methods:
Power On the Camera
- The camera should have a proper power source to function effectively.
- Without a proper power source, the camera will not work at all.
- Thus, you must plug the camera into a working electrical outlet.
- Check the current power source of the camera and see if it is working.
- Otherwise, you must plug the camera into another power socket.
- Now, this should eliminate the Yi camera set up issues.
Inspect your WiFi Source
- There could be issues with your networking device causing the issues.
- If the router’s not working, you must fix it and then reconnect it to the camera.
- You can try rebooting, updating the firmware, or resetting the camera.
- This should fix the Yi camera setup issues and you can try again with it.
Move the Camera Closer to the Router
- The distance between the router and the camera can also cause issues with the setup.
- That’s why it’s crucial to install the camera inside the router’s range.
- You can move the camera closer to the router now for a seamless connection.
- Otherwise, you can move the router closer to the camera as well.
- After this, you can try again with forming a connection between them.
- Now the Yi camera set up issues should be gone and the camera should have a proper connection.
Use the Correct WiFi Password
- The wrong WiFi password can also cause issues with setting up the Yi camera.
- Thus, you must use the correct password only while connecting the camera to the WiFi.
- Another case could be, you have recently changed the WiFi password.
- If this is the case, you need to connect the camera to the WiFi using the latest password.
- This should fix the Yi camera setup issues.
Enter the Correct Login Details
- If you are having trouble logging into the Yi app, check your login details.
- By using the incorrect login credentials, you can’t log into the Yi app.
- You can’t log into the camera using the incorrect login credentials.
- If you forgot the password, you can reset it from the login page.
- After that, you can use the new password and execute the Yi camera set up.
These are the methods you can use to fix the Yi camera setup issues. Now, you should be able to set up the camera correctly. When you are done with the setup, you can start using it properly. If there’s any other issue you are having with your Yi camera, you can reach out to our team right now.
How do I reset my Yi camera?
The reset can be helpful in several situations. It will eliminate any glitches and bugs with the camera. The steps for the Yi camera reset are as follows:
- To begin with, locate the reset button on the back of the camera.
- Now, press and hold the reset button on the camera.
- When the camera’s yellow light turns on, you can release the button.
- You will also hear a voice prompt saying Reset is Successful.
- Lastly, all the factory default settings are back.
These are the steps for the reset. Now, you can set up the camera from scratch.
How do I connect my Yi camera to Wi-Fi?
To connect the Yi camera to the WiFi, you need to log into your account. All you need to do is install the Yi app on your smartphone. From the app, you can log into your account. After logging in, you can connect the camera to the WiFi properly.
Can I use my Yi camera without the Yi Home app?
No, you can’t use the Yi camera without the Yi app. There are several features the camera offers, which you can only use after logging into the app. Through the app, you can manage the camera correctly and configure the settings whenever you want. Thus, you must add the camera to the Yi Home app.