The Zmodo camera is an excellent camera with several remarkable features. This camera is cost-efficient which makes it desirable for users. One of its prominent features is the status LED lights. These LEDs inform us about the camera’s status and whether there’s any difficulty with it. Such as the Zmodo camera blinking green light is an issue that various users face. That’s why it’s imperative to know the meaning of each color and what their behavior means. The status LEDs can help find the issues with the Zmodo camera.
If you are facing the Zmodo camera blinking green light issue, don’t worry. This blog will consist of the reasons for the camera flashing green. Moreover, we’ll also discuss the methods you can use to fix this problem. To find out the complete ways, keep reading ahead.
Why is the Zmodo Camera Blinking Green Light?
The Zmodo camera blinking green light indicates some issues with the power source. Due to this, the camera cannot enter the setup mode. Such issues could arise due to several reasons. You must figure out the causes of the problem to eliminate it effectively. Some common reasons are as follows:
- Defective outlet
- Damaged cord
- Power outage
- Internal issues
These are some reasons for the camera showing green light. Now, we’ll go over the methods you can use to fix this issue.
Troubleshooting the Zmodo Camera Blinking Green Light
Now that we know the factors responsible for the camera flashing green, we can troubleshoot it effectively. You can try the following methods to fix the camera:
Check the Outlet
- The camera requires a stable power source to work effectively.
- Without a stable power source, the camera will not work at all.
- Therefore, ensure to connect the camera to a working socket.
- Check the current power outlet, and ensure it’s working properly.
- Otherwise, you must plug the camera into another socket.
Check the Power Cord
- If the Zmodo camera blinking green issue persists, there could be an issue with the cord too.
- Sometimes, due to fluctuations in the voltage, the power cord of the camera could get defective.
- In this case, if you can you must replace the power cord of the camera to fix the power issues.
- Otherwise, you must replace the whole camera to make the most out of your camera.
- When plugging the camera into a power source, check for any power outages.
- If there are power outages in your area, the camera will not work.
- So, you will have to wait till the power is back on to start using the camera.
- In the meantime, ensure to keep the camera properly.
Reboot the Camera
- If the Zmodo camera blinking green light issue persists, you can try rebooting it.
- Rebooting the camera fixes any minor glitches and bugs with the camera.
- All you need to do is, unplug and power off the camera.
- After a minute, you can power the camera back on.
- Now, the issue with the camera should be gone.
Reset the Camera
- If none of these methods are working, you must reset the camera.
- Resetting the camera fixes all glitches and bugs with the camera.
- To begin with, open the app and log into your account.
- Now, select the camera you want to reset and go to the Device settings.
- Hereon, go to the System settings and tap Restore Backup Settings.
- At last, the reset is complete and all the factory default settings are back.
- Now, you can reconfigure the camera as all the customizations are gone.
These are some methods you can use to fix the Zmodo camera blinking green. Now, the camera should be working fine and any issue with it should be gone. If there’s any other problem you are having with your Zmodo camera, you can reach out to our team right now.
What does it mean when my Zmodo camera is blinking red?
The Zmodo camera blinking red light indicates there’s an issue with the NVR. In this case, you must reset the camera’s NVR. Resetting the NVR fixes all glitches and bugs with the camera. All you need to do is press the reset button and hold it. After 30 seconds, you can release the button and the reset is successful.
How do I get my Zmodo camera back online?
To get your Zmodo Camera back online, you must power it on, and connect it to a stable WiFi connection. Without a stable power source and WiFi connection, the camera will not work at all. That’s why it’s imperative to connect the camera to a stable WiFi connection.
Why is my WiFi camera not connecting to my WiFi?
If your camera is having trouble connecting to the WiFi, check if the camera is near the router. The camera will have trouble connecting to the WiFi when the camera is too far from the router. Therefore, ensure to place the camera inside the router’s range. Now, you can move the camera closer to the router. Otherwise, you can move the router closer to the camera.