So you want to learn how to setup a Zmodo camera and you have landed on this page. If you have recently bought a new home security camera from Zmodo, we would like to congratulate you on your wise purchase. Zmodo camera setup and Zmodo camera login are the two main things that you should know if you own a camera. Talking about the setup, you need to learn it in order to go about the initial configuration of your camera. On the other hand, learning how to login to the Zmodo camera is also important as you might have to access your camera later in order to configure or modify some settings.
Moreover, we will also discuss some other topics related to your Zmodo camera that will help you have a better user experience with your cameras. So let’s start with the Zmodo camera setup in the first place.
Basic requirements for Zmodo camera setup
Before you proceed with the initial setup of your camera, you need to learn about the requirements. It is important that you meet these requirements in order to have a better initial setup experience with your home security camera. Make sure you go through these points before setting up your device:
- A new Zmodo camera
- An active WiFi network
- WiFi name and password
- Separate WiFi frequencies (in case of a dual-band wireless router)
- Suitable place for the camera installation
- Fully charged battery
- A smartphone or tablet
How to setup a Zmodo camera
This section will deal with the Zmodo camera setup and configuration. There are mainly two methods through which you can configure the camera. Kindly find both methods below:
Method 1: Setup through the Zmodo app
- Firstly, you need to download the Zmodo app on your device.
- The mobile app can be downloaded from the Play Store and App Store.
- After that, launch the Zmodo app.
- The login page will come up on your mobile’s screen.
- You will have to enter your registered email address and password.
- Make sure you create an account if this is your first time setting up the camera.
- Use your email ID or phone number to register on the Zmodo app.
- Thereafter, tap + in the top-right corner to add your camera.
- Scan the QR code.
- The Zmodo app will prompt you to connect to a WiFi network.
- Choose your home wireless network from the list of active networks.
- Connect your camera to a 2.4GHz WiFi network.
- Finally, follow the in-app prompts to complete the Zmodo camera setup via the Zmodo app.
We hope that you learned how to setup a Zmodo camera using the mobile app.
Method 2: Setup through Zmodo web-app
- Firstly, open a web browser on your computer or laptop.
- Now, enter the Zmodo login address i.e., www.zmodo.com in the address bar.
- Press Enter and you will land on the Zmodo camera homepage.
- Make sure you navigate to the Zmodo web app.
- Once you see the login page, you will be prompted to enter the login credentials.
- If you don’t have a Zmodo account, you will have to create one.
- Once you create an account, you can easily go about the Zmodo camera login process.
- Follow the on-screen prompts to finalize the settings.
It’s that easy to learn how to setup a Zmodo camera using the web app.
How to login to Zmodo camera?
Once you are done with the Zmodo camera setup, you can go about the Zmodo camera login process. Logging into the camera is pretty easy, provided you follow the instructions clearly and carefully. Kindly follow the steps below:
Method 1: Login through the app
- Firstly, open the Zmodo app on your mobile.
- The Zmodo camera login page will appear on the screen.
- You will be prompted to enter the Zmodo camera account details.
- Enter the registered email ID or phone number.
- After that, enter the password.
- Finally, tap Login.
You will be successfully logged into the Zmodo home security camera.
Method 2: Login through the web-app
- Firstly, open a web browser on your PC.
- The PC must be connected to the same network that the cameras are connected to.
- Enter the Zmodo camera login address in the address bar and press Enter.
- Once you reach the Zmodo home page, go to Web-app.
- Select the web-app option in the top-right corner of the page.
- Now, you will be asked to enter the registered email address or phone number.
- After that, enter the password.
- Finally, click Login.
Lastly, you will be logged into the Zmodo home security camera using the Zmodo web app.
Which Zmodo camera login method should I use?
Well, it depends upon you entirely. If you can’t use the Zmodo mobile app for any reason, you can go with the web-app method. However, if you ask us the method you should choose, then we would suggest that you go with the Zmodo mobile app method. The reason, it is very convenient and you can remotely access your camera’s settings.
I can’t login to Zmodo camera? What to do?
If you are unable to go about the Zmodo camera login process, make sure your cameras are connected to the WiFi network. Moreover, if you are using the Zmodo app, make sure it is updated. Uninstall the application and then reinstall it on the same device. Enter the correct email address and password. If you had registered the account using a phone number, make sure you enter the correct phone number.
Zmodo camera can’t connect to WiFi. How to fix it?
If you are unable to go about the Zmodo camera setup, make sure you enter the correct WiFi password. You must connect your camera only to the 2.4GHz WiFi frequency. Zmodo cameras do not support the 5GHz WiFi frequency. Moreover, ensure that the VPN service is not enabled on the network.
This page was all about the Zmodo camera setup and login process. We discussed both methods to set up your camera and login to it. We hope this Zmodo camera guide was helpful to you and that it helped you easily go through the initial setup. If you face any issues or have any queries, kindly talk to our support team for more help.